Ocean Tramp is a 66 feet ketch rigged sailboat, with 5 cabins. She very comfortably can carry 8 guests plus three crew members and one scientist. She is a very fast sailboat thanks to her long length, making for a short passage the sailing across the Drake. She is ideal for photographers, hikers, divers, scientists and all sort of expeditions that need a large capacity vessel with plenty of storage as well as the needed comfort when living on a sailboat for longer periods of time. Scroll down for a video tour of the inside.
She has a broadband 4G radar, AIS, 3 VHFs, SSB Radio, 3 GPS, 2 echo sounders, forward looking sonar, autopilot, media drive for watching movies, onboard PC with WiFi internal net for sharing files, public wireless printer and scanner, chart plotter, Satellite Iridium Phone with email and weather download capabilities, a large separate kitchen and a large saloon for 12 guests. She carries all the safety equipment required, including Epirb beacon, 2 SARTs, a linethrowing device, 2 liferafts, flares, Handheld VHFs, SOLAS lifejackets, inflatable lifejackets, Full Co2 engine room firefighting system, etc. She is a very sturdy and comfortable boat with huge forward and aft decks for transporting equipment, samples, and making your life easier when dealing with equipment or diving bottles and compressor- we are very happy with her!
For more technical info see below
Inside Tour of Ocean Tramp
Ocean Tramp Technical Information
- Designer: Horst Glacer & Kurt Reinke.
- Type: Hydra Duo 66.
- Shipyard: Alu Yachtbau gmb, Germany
- Built: 1997.
- LOA: 19.55 m.
- LWL: 17.10 m.
- Beam: 5.35 m.
- Draft: 2.20 m.
- Engine: Perkins Sabre 215 HP.
- Genset Kohler 5 KW & Portable 2KW Honda generator + 1KW portable Honda
- Displacement: 32.00 tons.
- Fully protected Bridge for safety and comfort when sailing in rough/cold weather.
- State-of-the-Art navigation electronics, with sailing information available on smart phones and tablets over a wifi network.
- 5 Cabins, 4 heads with running water and hot showers.
- 2500 lts fresh water capacity.
- Fresh water maker 125 lts per hour
- Diesel Capacity 5000 Lts – 5000miles range @ 7 knots.
- Black and Grey Water holding tank.
- 4.3 meters C4 Bombard tender with Yamaha 15hp; 2.3 meters small rigid tender with Yamaha 4 hp.
- Onboard Media drive 0 connects to phones, tablets and PC’s to watch movies
- Wifi printer and wifi internal net for sharing files.
- LED TV and LED Projector with 54″ screen in main saloon for presentations and movies.
- All cabins equipped with 12 volts plug.
- Charging station for electronics, with 12v, 110v and 220 volts.
- Cozy double cabins for privacy, with double and single bunks.
- Ample library including Glaciology, Geology, Birds, Mammals, Plants, Fuegian history and local related books.
- Ample back and forward deck for scientific activities and diving support.
- Diving compressor.
- All LED Lights throughout the boat
- Wind Generator
- Solar Panel
- Motion Sensor faucets
- Flow restrictors on faucets